Dan and I have loved sharing our videos and pictures of Emily, Jackson, Olivia and Levi with all of you! We thought it would be fun to share some things about us as a couple and as individuals so you could get to know us a little more!
As a Couple
- We met in 2006 when we were both working at Zehrs (Zehrs is the local grocery store in Cambridge). Dan worked in the Hot Deli and I worked in the Cold Deli and I guess it is true, opposites attract!
- Our first date was on March 15th, 2007 and we went to an arcade, which was a lot of fun. After we went to Walmart and bought two pet fish! We named them Olikey and Gibson-Whyte.
- We started dating on March 18th, 2007 and it has now been 9 years! We went to Tim Horton’s and when Dan dropped me off he said “I have something to ask you and you probably know what it is.” I had no idea what it was. Then he said “Will you be my girlfriend?” Of course I said “Yes” and here we are today!
- We both love going to the movies and before having our babies, we would go every Tuesday. We also started collecting Scene Points (a point program Cineplex offers) and our goal was to save enough points to have a year of free movies for the both of us. Our year of free movies, was actually just once a week for both of us, so 52 movies. It was 1000 points per movie, so we would need 104,000 points. We reached our goal!
- One day we walked to Pita Factory and while we were eating, I laughed so hard I started to cry. To this day, neither of us can remember what it was about and why it was so funny.
- Our go to snacks would be Beatrice Chocolate Milk (we have tried many and that is by far the best), Smartfood Popcorn and Sweet Chili Heat Doritos. We almost always have them on hand at home, but make sure to buy them if we don’t and plan to watch a movie.
- We have gone to Florida 3 times I believe, we have gone on a Caribbean Cruise and have gone to Las Vegas 3 times! The Caribbean Cruise was our first vacation of just us two and we went to Las Vegas for our 5th, 6th and 7th year anniversaries. Dan actually surprised me with the trip to Las Vegas for our 7 year anniversary!
- We bought our first house together in 2013 and moved in August 1st, 2013. It was also our first time living together!
- Being parents is a very important thing for us and we absolutely love it! Parenting means a lot to both of us and we strive everyday to be the best parents possible. We have the same views on almost everything in regards to being parents with the odd opinion here and there, such as when to put a sweater on the babies (Dan seems to always think its warm enough outside, even on days when he can see his breath!) We make a great team!
- We love to surprise each other and always try to find new ways! Dan probably had the best surprise ever when he rented the entire ice rink for us for my 19th birthday. The mall in Cambridge has an ice rink and he was able to rent it out after the mall was closed, so it was just us. Dan ordered East Side Mario’s and we ate in the middle of the rink, followed by an hour of skating. He even had my mom and neighbor there to take pictures for us, as our own paparazzi. I will never forget that and it will certainly be hard to top that surprise!
Now a little bit about myself!
- I was born in Mississauga, Ontario and I have lived in Brampton, Toronto, Mississauga and Cambridge. While moving from city to city, I also went to 6 different schools. I would love to move to an island one day and experience a simple way of living for a few years. I think it would be a fun and exciting experience for Dan, Emily, the triplets and myself. I looked into it before and it would be a lot of planning and a big change, but it would be worth it!
- While growing up I changed my mind quite a few times when thinking about what I wanted to be when I grew up. Those jobs included a super model, a farmer, a veterinarian, a weather girl, a flight attendant and a chef. My reasons as to why these jobs would never work out: I realized I was too short to be a model, I just wanted to ride horses if I was a farmer, I fainted while dissecting a fish in high school, so I lost all hope of vet school, I am not good at public speaking or listening to my voice on camera, I love travelling but I am scared every time I get on a plane and I am too scared to try or eat exotic food and spices, so my food would be very basic and simple. However, if I could I would still love to be a chef!
- I love to travel (not that I have been many places) and I wish I could travel across the world. I have gone on vacation to Florida, Las Vegas, England and through the Caribbean on 2 cruises. My dream vacation would be to Bora Bora, where I would stay in a little hut on the water. I can just picture how amazing and relaxing it would be. I would watch fish through the glass floor and go swimming off the dock the entire trip! A girl can only dream =D
- I am a pretty shy person, until you get to know me and the video of me changing the babies was the first video I was ever in for the Baby Gang. I am a genuinely happy person and I love to smile and I think they are contagious. I procrastinate more than I should and I even know this, yet still do it.
- My favorite things include: Christmas (I love the entire season and start decorating around Nov 15), animals (horses, cats and elephants especially), Starbucks double chocolate chip frappuccino (the only thing I ever order), the colors green and red, reality TV (I can’t help it and I watch too many reality shows to list haha), camping (having a fire, roasting marshmallows and making s’mores) and my 4 babies, Emily, Jackson, Olivia and Levi =D
Things I don’t like: coffee, spiders and snakes (they are my worst fear and Dan always kills the spiders for me), small spaces (I am so claustrophobic, even just holding my arms together freaks me out) and bacon (some people may think I’m crazy, but I will eat turkey bacon).
Here is a little bit about Dan. I am the one who wrote this, but I did ask Dan what he thought would be good to share about him as an individual!
- Unlike me, Dan has only ever had one true dream job. He has always wanted to be a fire fighter! He went to school for fire fighting and one of his favorite movies is Back draft. He said he watched Back draft when he was younger and ever since then he has wanted to be a fire fighter!
- Throughout high school Dan was always on the wrestling team and even helped coach the team after he graduated. If he made it to the Olympics for wrestling it would be a dream come true!
- There are many things that Dan is passionate about, but the top ones would be fitness and photography. He has been addicted to the gym ever since we started dating and even with 4 kids he still manages to make it there. Before the triplets arrived, Dan put together a home gym in our basement so he could still work out on the days he didn’t make it to the gym. Dan is also a great photographer and has done photo shoots for friends and taken photos at various events.
- Dan is a very outgoing person and he loves to meet new people where ever he goes! I feel like there isn’t a person Dan doesn’t know. Everywhere we go he always seems to come across someone he knows. The best example was one time while in Florida, we were sitting in the hot tub and started talking to the gentleman across from us. It turns out he was also from Cambridge and was actually at the resort with a group of friends who Dan was friends with. I couldn’t believe it, out of all the resorts in Florida he still managed to run into someone he knew!
- Dan and his brother Justin are twins. They are fraternal twins and Dan thought it was so exciting for him to have twin boys. Although Dan and Justin are twins they are very different in so many ways, but are still best friends!
Those are some things about us and we hope you feel like you know us a little more!